Equestrian

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I was five when I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up. I had my heart set on riding horses, and taking care of my favorite horse Star. This enthusiasm can be credited to the summer camp my parents sent me to when  I was 4. Yes that seems like a young age, but I was ready to go off on my own and make friends. (First day of camp my mom cried and I didn't say goodbye, just hopped on the bus.)
This summer camp not only had sports, fishing and swimming but also Horseback riding - which became my favorite thing to do. When we would arrive at the stable, we would run to grab a helmet and stand in line for which ring we would be in. Once the other riders tied up their horse and left, we had to walk slowly to the horses, which admittedly was very hard for any 5 year old. My favorite horse was Star, named because of the white spot on her forehead. It's been 20 years, I still remember her name. Then the camp counselor would boost us  up onto the horse, and as we got older, we were able to do this ourselves - clinging onto the railing and shimmying over the horse. I can remember that at an older age, we were taught to stand up on a horse and were even allowed to saddle and unsaddle the horse. If we were lucky enough to have horseback riding at the end of the day, we could brush the horses! Talk about exciting.

As I recall these fond memories, I need to give credit to the one whom spurred my trip down memory lane -Tory Burch. Burch just recently came out with an "equestrian" line that is awfully cute. I stumbled upon more equestrian inspired items that are just to die for. Most of these are out of my price range so don't be thinking I can afford these, but a girl can dream!

Listen - Equestrian - U.S. Royalty I saw the U.S. Royalty at this cute little bar in Los Feliz a few years ago and became obsessed with this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment