101 things in 1001 days

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Last Updated: 1/5/14

I've been compiling this list for a few weeks now and have finally mustered up the courage to finish and post.

I've seen various bloggers compile their lists, and felt like I should do the same. I have 1,001 days  to complete 101 (102 I can't find one to delete!) tasks or goals, basically a short term bucket list. One of the reasons why I had such a hard time posting this is because unlike my other posts, I feel like my dreams and goals are more intimate than my ramblings and experiences. I have broken this list down into categories to make my accomplishments much easier to track and frankly, to follow through!

So here we go...
Starts: November 11th, 2014
Ends: August 8th, 2017

PERSONAL (0/30)
Go two weeks without eating out.
Educate myself on the art of making and tasting wine
See 4 concerts (I'll be seeing the Grateful Dead in June!)
Go to the movies alone
Go to dinner alone (This is freaking scary)
Unplug for 24 hours (TV, phone, computer)
Invest in reliable luggage
Beat my 1/2 Marathon PR Time (Currently it's 2:50:54)
Lose and keep off 10 pounds
Drink 80 oz of water a day for 1 Month!12/18/14
Try three new foods... and blog about them
Finish the Whole 30 Challenge
Pay off my Student Loans!!!
Watch the sun rise in NY, watch the sun set in CA
Create a signature dish/meal
Make my apartment my dream apartment (decor wise)
Update my signature scent (old is Magnetism by Escada)
Put 15% of my salary into savings
Hold a Plank for 2 minutes
Practice Swimming
Compete in a Half Ironman
Take a Bartending lesson/class
Run a 7 minute mile
Read 10 Best Sellers ( Yes, Please by Amy Poehler / Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins)
Workout for 30 minutes in the am for 2 weeks (3/13/15)
Finish a 30 day ab challenge -
Read for 30 minutes a day for 1 month
Dye my hair dark red/brown
Don't go to work on my birthday! (3/19/15 - skipped work for a interview, which I nailed!)
Get a Desk for my Apartment

PROFESSIONAL (0/12)
Learn how to do a take off
Learn the basics of scheduling
Redesign my Blog
Have 50 loyal blog followers
Buy a Professional Camera
Find a Mentor
Be featured in an Article
Start Business Planning for my own construction company
Volunteer for 15 hours
Get business cards for my blog
Have my apartment be on The Everygirl
Write for The Everygirl

FAMILY AND FRIENDS (0/15)
Host a Kick Ass Dinner Party where I decorate and cook everything!
Go on a trip with just my two sisters
Send my parents on a vacation
Make a calendar with Birthdays
Compile Addresses (not in my iPhone)
Take a loved one on a surprise vacation and don't tell them where we are going
Send 50 thank you letters - (4 down, 46 to go)
Send  birthday cards
Send 10 snail mail to friends for no reason
Spend a day with each sister doing what they want, paid by me.
Throw a surprise party
Host a blind wine taste testing party
Throw a Scavenger Hunt Party
Host a St. Patrick's Day Party
Take my Dad to Gary Danko

TRAVEL (0/16)
Travel Europe with the Boyfriend
Spend 5 days on a Beach Vacation
Visit Mary in Dallas
Visit Portland
Go back to the Hampton's
Visit Oklahoma
Visit St. Louis
Eat Crabs in Maine
Visit Nantucket
Visit Chicago
Camp for 3 days
Road Trip to the Grand Canyon
Go to Yosemite
Take a snowboarding lesson
Have a Guinness in Ireland
Drink coffee in Seattle (February 14th, 2014)
Visit the Redwoods (drive through that tree)

JUST FOR FUN (0/29)
Give Starbucks $50 to buy people their drinks
Watch the Sunrise
Make a Sushi
Take a Calligraphy Class
Take an Art Class
Master the Yoga Headstand
Learn how to blow glass
Hold a 5 minute conversation in French
Be someones inspiration
Invest in a Burberry Coat
Invest in a timeless watch
Splurge on some killer designer heels
Buy myself a Louis Vuitton/Prada bag or something that is timeless
Stay home and watch all Harry Potter movies on a Rainy Day
Save $25 for each Goal Attained
See a 49-er game
Try SUP Yoga
Learn how to Knit
Buy a strangers meal
Master Crows pose (hold for 15 seconds)
See two movies in one day, sneak into the second one
Create 5 variations of a Moscow Mule and blog about it
Post about my OOTD on my blog
Learn how to do a fish tail braid
Make Ice Cream from Scratch!
Do 5 real push ups
Go to The French Laundry
Go Overboard by decorate my apartment  for Christmas (tree, lights, ornaments, candy canes etc)
Make a snow-man and tie-dye him with food coloring


1 comment:

  1. Great list, found you from Mackenzie's blog! I've never created a "101 in 1001" list before, but I have made an annual tradition of sharing resolution/goal lists every year since 2010. If you're serious about purchasing a DSLR camera, my Nikon D5000 is for sale! :)

    Blessings
    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/resolution-update-october-2014/

    ReplyDelete