Twenty Fifteen

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 is off to a pretty good start. I ended 2014 with a severe rash/infection on my face. The infection caused my face to swell and forced me to stay home from a highly anticipated trip to Park City, Utah. Luckily, my face is on the mend.

The boyfriend and I ventured down to San Simeon to visit Hearst Castle via Highway 1. We made our usual pit stop at Gayles Bakery in Capitola, where we filled up on breakfast burritos and lattes. We couldn't have picked a better day to travel along the coast. The sun was shining and the air was crisp. We made the brilliant choice to take a cruise along the 17 Mile Drive. Boy was it beautiful. Believe it or not, whales were in full force! we got to see a few spurting water out of their blow holes and even one breaching! Oh, seriously, you must go!


17 Mile Drive
17 Mile Drive
Hwy 1
Hwy 1

Here are some must-do's while driving down the Coast from Santa Cruz to San Luis Obispo.
Burritos and Lattes at Gayle's Bakery
Drinks and a Snack at Nepenthe
Massage and Facials on the edge of the Coast Esalen Institute (book in advance!!)
Take a Hike at Pfeiffer State Park
Visit a Purple Sand Beach at Pfeiffer State Beach

Have any other places you love alone Hwy 1? Let me know!
xColl

No comments:

Post a Comment